Mixed Media – Paper Flowers

by Chala Frank

No Comments »

Hello Friends!  Chala here!  I thought we would do something a little different for today’s prompt word “Flowers”.

I thought it would be fun to do a little mixed media art.

What I love about mixed media art is it is all about feeling the art and doing what looks/feels good in the moment.

Join me on my journey by clicking the link below to watch the video!




Lawn Fawn Pretty Poppies die set – https://bit.ly/3259JeT 

Art Glitter Glue – https://amzn.to/3dVKkK6 

Waffle Flower Mini Media – https://shrsl.com/2wlo0 

Scattered Straw Distress Ink – https://bit.ly/3t9k3yx 

Forest Moss Distress Ink – https://bit.ly/3g1gPcw 

Peeled Paint Distress Ink – https://bit.ly/3sa0BQH 

Vintage Photo Distress Ink – https://bit.ly/3a2uYCl 

Victorian Velvet Distress Stain – https://bit.ly/3tdY3Cv 

Ranger Texture Paste – https://bit.ly/3wPrm0g 

Copper Liquid Pearls – https://shrsl.com/2wlww 

Friday Dots and Drinks!

by Lindsey Martin-Penny

No Comments »

Happy Friday! For Day 16 of April’s Random Acts of Cardness, the prompt is DRINKS! I almost made a coffee themed card, but it is Friday, after all…



Today I’m using the smaller size of the Tim Holtz Cocktails set – we have the larger size of this set in the store, or if you like the smaller better, we have the wine set in both small and large. (The large are great for filling the front for a quick CAS card!) I added just a bit of colour and shading to the martini with a few Copic markers. For the background, I wanted to give a nod to our Polka Hop from earlier this month, so added sparkly dots with a Flora and Fauna stencil, Versamark and Wow holographic embossing powder – so sparkly in real life! For the sentiment, I used my current favourite snarky one from My Favorite Things Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings 2.



If you are playing along with the Random Acts of Cardness challenge, don’t forget to tag your social media photos with #snschallenge so it’s easy for everyone to find! TGIF – hope your Friday is full of fun!


Tuesday with Tara {take 295} Framed

by Tara

No Comments »

Happy Tuesday!

Today’s challenge word is ‘frame’ and I took an opportunity to feature a new to me set of Hexagon Frame dies by Penny Black.  Sadly, it’s no longer featured in the SNS online store, but I hope you enjoy the card anyways!

I paired some frame cuts with a fern from the Garden Greens die set by Tim Holtz, but any leafy shape would look lovely as well!  Once I had an arrangement I liked I had to find a sentiment to fit the small space… there are several that would be perfect in the hello sunshine stamp set by Concord & 9th!  I chose to stamp it with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide Ink since I knew it would give me great color on the Kraft die cut panel.  If you haven’t tried stamping with Distress Oxides on Kraft you NEED TO DO IT!

The same green is the dominant color on the fern, which I had previously inked up on a piece of watercolor card stock.  You can see a bit of the shimmer I added with a Nuvo pen on the leaves and the inner frame.

Something about geometric shapes really lend themselves to simplicity, like I’ve done with this card.  I hope you like it and I can’t wait to see what you frame today!

Inky hugs,