Posts Tagged ‘DT Kia’

Dancing Leaves

Wednesday, May 27th, 2020

Hello to all. Kia here with you today to continue on with our Random Act of Cardness Challenges. Today is day 27, which is for Masking. I would like to see you do Die Cut Masking to change it up a bit.

You can find a video on Die Cut Masking here.

To make my sample cards I used Penny Black’s Dancing Leaves Die to do my masking. I did both positive and negative die cut masking using this leaf.

For my masking I am using Gina K Designs Magic Masking paper.


First up is Hello Friend. I first die cut the top panel portion using Penny Black’s Stitched Circles die. I then lined the panel up with my card base for placement of my mask, removed the die cut panel and attached the die cut mask to my card base.

Using Distress Oxide inks in Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries and starting with Tattered Rose I began applying the ink to my card base using my Life Changing Brushes. When blending the colours, after applying the first two colours, I went back over the blending area with the first colour. The same after applying ink 3, I blended with ink colour 2.

Once I was happy with the blending I removed the leaves making tape to reveal the beautiful white leaves. Using foam squares on the back of my top panel, I attached it to my card base. To finish I stamped the sentiment using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil and added a few drops of Rosewater Jewel Drops.

This is Dear Friend, and Clean and Simple design using the same die cuts and distress oxide colours as my first card.

For this card I am using the negative left when I die cut the leaves from a 4.25 x 4.25 square of masking paper. I then removed the backing and attached the mask to my card base. I used the same colours as above, but this time used my thin tiny brush to add the colours, starting with the lightest and moving to the darkest. Once I was done with the distress oxide colours I added some of the Potting Soil with a tiny tip Q-Tip to the branch portions of the leaves.

To finish up I stamped my sentiment from Penny Black’s Dear Friend Stamp set using VersaFine Clair Ink in Pinecone, then added a few gems.

I hope you have enjoyed today’s cards and wish to thank you for visiting us. I look forward to seeing your creations on our Facebook Challenge Page.

Following are Affiliate Links for the products that I have used for these cards today. A reminder to use my Discount Code 10KIA to receive a 10% discount.


Friday, May 15th, 2020

Hello all, Kia here with you today for Day 15 of the Random Act of Cardness Challenges. My challenge is on Brush Stroke Stamping. I realize on the list it only says Brush, I think they ran out of room. 🙂

We planned our challenges back in April, but as luck would have it Penny Black just put up the above Video on the subject, and she used the same stamp as I have. Fortunately we have used different colours and layouts.

I use a different technique than Jill does, and over on my blog I have gone into a lot of detail about how I do it. I also have a few more pictures of the progression of colours.

When I was done with my colouring, using the grid and magnets of my Stay-tion and a stencil, (tape can be used) I brushed on Buttercup Ink in opposite corners of my card front. I then stamped the “SHE” and heat embossed with gold embossing powder, then stamped the rest of the sentiment using VersaFine Clair Ink in Green Oasis.

To finish up I added Midas Touch Shimmering Pen to the Butterfly. I matted with Gold Mirror cardstock, then a Red Cherry Gina K Design card base. I then added a scattering of Crystal Dew Drops around the card.

I hope you enjoy this card today and wish to thank you for visiting us here at Scrap’n Stamp. A reminder when shopping in the Store to use my Discount Code 10KIA.

Following are Affiliate Links for the products in the store that I have used for this card, at no extra cost to you.


Wednesday, April 29th, 2020

Hello everyone. Kia here with you today to share my card which I did for the 30 Days of Challenges event. The technique I have done on this card is “Cling Wrap”.

You can find the video detailing this technique here.

To change the look up I used Distress Oxide Reinkers for the technique and I must say I do like the look. It feels moody, much like I feel some days …

I used Worn Lipstick, Cracked Pistachio, Faded Jeans and Fossilized Amber. Instead of water I spritzed with a mixture of Perfect Pearls. I love how the colours mixed and the movement caused from turning the piece. I made a mixture of the Worn Lipstick and Fossilized Amber, spritzed with Perfect Pearls the dragged my leaves through it. Ooh, wish you could see the sparkle.

Once the leaves were dry I attached the first set to the card base using Nuvo Adhesive, then attached the second layer of leaves using foam squares. I die cut the sentiment twice and glued it together, then glued it on the left to the leaves and added foam squares on the right. I then washed over the sentiment with Nuvo Shimmering Pen in Midas Touch then added a few embellishments.

You still have a couple of days left to get your card in for the Random Act of Cardness Challenge going on now. On May 1st, one lucky person will be randomly chosen as WINNER of a $50 Gift Certificate to Scrap  ‘N Stamp!  Be sure to upload your card to our Facebook Page and don’t forget to add hastag #SNSCHALLENGE to your entry.

And a reminder to use my Discount Code when shopping in the store 10KIA.

Thank you for visiting today.

Following are Affiliate Links to the products that I have used for this card, at no extra cost to you.