A Few Little Birdies …

Kia here with you today to share my card for our Random Act of Cardness event. It is day 5, which is “Flight”.

And we have “take off” with the birds I used from Dina Wakley Media.  I have used birds from two sets, both by Dina Wakley, being Scribbly Birds, and Scribbly Birds on Branches. For my background I wanted something unusual so opted for a bit of Mixed Media, using Distress Oxide Sprays, and Distress Inks.

First I die cut a piece of Fabriano hot press watercolour paper and using the distress oxide sprays I sprayed my card front. I do this kind of thing in a box that I keep, changing out the papers when necessary. Once the spray ink was dry I put my card back in the box and covered it with my stencil to spray with the Resist spray. The nozzle was clogged so I took off the nozzle so I could clear it, and this is when the excitement started.

My bird CC flew down from her cage where she had been watching me and headed for the box, and me in my panic moved the box – yup the resist spray was inside with the lid off. It of course when all over my card background, and the stencil. I knew I had to act fast so in the waiting water went the stencil, and on my desk went the background where I poured Rose Quartz embossing powder over the area that was full of the resist spray, shaking off the excess.

Once the embossing powder was on the card I could relax a bit and clean up my mess, which I did. Coming back to my card I heat embossed the rose quartz embossing powder. Putting the washed and dried stencil back in place, I added distress ink colours to places around the card.

To add more textures I sprayed the card front with a mixture of Sunflower Perfect Pearls and water. This left water marks and a covering of the perfect pearls. I squealed with delight, it is so darn pretty, I wish you could really see it.

I then stamped the birds, also on Fabriano hot press paper using Ranger Jet Black ink, then painted the birds using the distress inks.  I then die cut the berry branch, and put down some gathered twig distress ink, spritzed with water and dragged the branch through the ink, then added in the Candied Apple on some of the berries using my distress marker.

By this time my background was dry so I attached it to my card base. I then styled the birds and the berry branch, which I also cut in two.  I arranged the birds using the die cut branches for two of the birds, as the Cardinal had his own branch.

To finish I stamped the sentiment, cutting it in half and attached it to the card front, over the “Spill” zone! I then attached a few red pearls around the card.

Clearly, there was much excitement around this card, but it all worked out and CC did survive the flight. I hope you have enjoyed this card today. Following are Affiliate links to the store for the products I have used today, at no extra cost to you.

 

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply