Kia back with you today to share my card for our Random Act of Cardness challenges. Today’s prompt is “Acetate”. Be sure to join the challenge here.
I used acetate to add colour to the stamped image that shows in the background.
The alcohol inks were added to what would be the backside of my piece of acetate, so I had to think in terms of “opposites”. i.e. the inks had to be applied to the left side of the acetate, etc.
I used very little of the blending solution, using only to lighten the colours as I wanted the image to show through the inks. Once I was finished with the inks and had given ample time for the inks to dry I attached the acetate to my stamped card base using glue in the 4 corners.
I then die cut the frame 3 times centering it on a piece of A2 Hammermill card, which is 100lb. I then glued the 3 pieces together and glued the frame to the card base. I then die cut 4 pieces of Neenah 120lb card for the inside frame, gluing all together and attaching to the inside of the outer frame.
This made this frame stand higher than the outer frame which I think looks much better than the frames being flush.
I added the sticker sentiment to a piece of Neenah card and trimmed the piece, then added to my card using foam squares. To finish I added a few rhinestone gems to the card using the same colours.
I am very pleased with how this turned out, and I hope you will give it a try.
Following are Affiliate links for the products I have used for this card, at no extra expense to you.